It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chapter 2, Page 26, Book 15




I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you . . . and you will be a blessing to others

Genesis 12:2 


February 26th - Lucky in love

To be lucky in love requires falling in love many times - and always with the same person.

 Mignon McLaughlin

I don’t believe that luck has much to do with what we have in life.  I do believe that what we have is due to the blessings that the good Lord gives us.  We are blessed not just so that we can feel good, not just so we can be happy and comfortable, but so that we will bless others. 

A little story for you today

A wise person once decided she wanted to know God.  So she climbed the highest hill she could find, and she sat at the top, thinking and praying.  She was up there all day.  And then all the next day, and the next, and the day after that, waiting for God.  A worried friend finally came looking for her.

What are you doing up here? the friend asked the wise person.

I want to know God, she answered. I’m just waiting for God to show up.

Her friend sighed, and sat, and kept her company.  When evening came she gave her the bread she had brought with her.  When it grew chilly she wrapped her coat around the wise person’s shoulders. She got up to leave, saying, Well, I hope you get to know God.

Her wise friend stood  and prepared to leave with her.  I think I just did, she said.


Things like kindness, consideration, genuineness, honesty, unsolicited help, interest in others, attention to detail, excellence in all things, fairness , things that flow through all our words and deeds as the result of our being blessed of God,  all these things can impact others so that they become aware of having been touched by a hand from somewhere beyond the world as they normally experience it.

Our blessings to others will come back on us.  The more you bless other people . . . the more you help others, the more God blesses your life. 
I wish you all a love filled Lent: of knowing God in the love of other people; a Lent of falling in love with God all over again.

Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy.

 Louisa May Alcott


5 comments:

betty said...

I did like that story, Ma, about how the wise woman found God; great wisdom in that on how in love we should treat people around us. So true in our blessings from God for us to use those blessings to help bless others :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

The Louisa May Alcott quote is beautiful. "Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy."

jack69 said...

Okay that sweet story holds tons of truth.
The quote is so right about being lucky in love...

I hope you have seen the last of the snow for this year. (I think I said that before! OUCH!)

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful story--and so very true. I think there is a song that something like "God has no hands but yours (may come from something by ST. Teresa of Avila) but it does get that same point across.

Jean said...

Hi Ma, I hope it has warmed up some up your way. It has been a little cold here the past few days, but I'm sure if it was where you live it would be warm compared to your weather. That was a beautiful story and so true. Take care and stay warm.