It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, February 20, 2015

Chapter 2, Page 20, Book 15



My God, Thou wilt have mercy on my sin
For Thy Love’s sake: yea, if I should begin
To tell This all, the day would be too small
To tell it in.

Christina Roseetti

February 20th - Those who deserve love the least need it the most.

The Victorian poet Christina Rossetti, is most celebrated for her popular Christmas carols, but unknown to me, some say her most prolific season was Lent. The poem tells of her steadfast hope in the God that she knows hears her. The season of Lent season of preparation is also a season of hope.


Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.

Rabindranath Tagore 

We’ve heard the term for love’s sake, do this or that, but what does doing something for love’s sake really mean?  To me it means to do something out of consideration for or in the interest of someone I care about. We can help or forgive others for the sake of love.  


Oh God, let me not be cured of love, but let my passion grow! Let me love for love's sake!

Diane Wolkstein


4 comments:

betty said...

I had not heard of Christina Rossetti, I'm going to see what I can find out about her. I did enjoy that quote of her's you shared here Ma. It is so true that those who deserve love the least need it the most and I think that is sometimes the ones that God wants us to love the best!

betty

jack69 said...

I can't get over how Betty reads my mind before I get here. (smile) The gem here that I was thrilled to read was:
Those who deserve love the least need it the most.
ABSOLUTELY!

TARYTERRE said...

As difficult as it can be to deal with some people, I agree with the statement you put at the beginning of your blog today, "Those who deserve love the least need it the most."

Scrappy quilter said...

I've not heard of Rossetti either. I have to agree with the gem "those who deserve love the least need it the most". So very true! Hugs