It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 02, 2015

Chapter 2, Page 2, Book 15



February 2nd - Whispers of love

A child's love is like a whisper, 
given in little ways we do not hear. 
But if you listen closely 
it will be very clear. 

They often do not say it loud, 
but in how they come to you... 
Daddy, will you play with me? 
Mommy, tie my shoe? 

The many ways they tell you, 
changes as they grow. 
Dad, I made the team today! 
Mom, I've Got to go! 

Pop, I need some money, 
You see there's... this girl at school. 
Mama, I met a boy today
and Wow, he's so cool! 

Dad, I've got something to tell you... 
I think she is the one! 
Mom, he asked me to marry him. 
Would you love him as your son? 

Dad, I've got some news for you... 
It's going to be a boy! 
Mom, I'm kind of scared of this, 
yet I'm filled with joy! 

A child's love is like a whisper, 
given in little ways we do not hear. 
But if you listen closely, 
it will be very clear. 

They often do not say it loud, 
but in how they come to you... 
Grandpa, will you play with me? 
Grandma, tie my shoe? 

It is never ending. 
A blessing from above. 
Listen to the whispers
of a child's love. 


Author Unknown


Words are often downplayed next to actions. Actions speak louder, as the saying goes, but it doesn’t mean that we should discount words entirely.

If you ever doubt that your words, even your smallest comments, have great power, think about the effects that negative words have. Negative comments can fall so carelessly from our lips. We might be quick to criticize or judge, without remembering how deeply words can hurt and limit a person’s potential. If negative speech can have such a profound impact, imagine how much more power your words of encouragement, appreciation, and affirmation can have!
But some emotions don’t make a lot of noise.

It’s hard to hear pride.
Caring is real faint – like a heartbeat.
And pure love why, some days it’s so quiet,
you don’t even know it’s there.
Erma Bombeck

Try to make all of your words gracious. You never know, you may give the only encouragement that someone receives all day!

Faith, hope, and love are the three most important words in my life, I believe it is faith that helps you achieve those things you hope for and that love is the reason for it all.

Dolly Parton

3 comments:

betty said...

I liked that Whispers of Love poem! So true about the power of words; always good to remember to think twice before saying something!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Love the poem. So sweet. You are right, words are powerful, indeed. Hope you survived the snow.

jack69 said...

I like Whispers of Love.

Even Dolly can come up with a good quote. (But then she should be able to, she has been one tough little lady).
Love from the old guy in florida...