It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, February 16, 2015

Chapter 2, Page 16, Book 15




February 16th - Love is marvelous

 It is good to be loved, but it is even better to love. 

Have you ever been on the outside looking in? Too many people have experienced life as the outcast, the odd ball. Sometimes their predicament flows from personal choices, sometimes it’s imposed by forces out of their control. Sometimes it’s unfulfilled wishes, sometimes it’s the results of prejudice.



No one likes to feel left out.  We all need other people.  We can love, support, help, and encourage them, and they can do the same for us.  They help us to look at look out at the world with joy, with gratitude and with love for all that is. Sharing my feelings or remembering the brighter side of life with a trusted friend can really lighten my heart. 


I used to respond to most things people said with 'Baloney!' and I had very few friends. Then I changed and responded 'Marvelous!' - and now I'm invited everywhere!

Mike Moore

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are right it is tough to be on the outside looking in. I think what you said is the key to happiness, "We all need other people. We can love, support, help, and encourage them, and they can do the same for us."

betty said...

I liked that Mike Moore quote. That is good advice for us on how we approach things with people. I definitely don't want to be outside looking in!

betty

jack69 said...

Maybe it is just personal, but I think most of us have felt on the outside looking in at times in our lives. I certainly did.
some of us adjust others lash out. I can feel so much for the kid who is ostracized for his, weight, size, face, religion or color. He did not choose it, life chose it for him.

The ability to still love after facing such treatment is amazing. You touched on 'real life' here, especially the child.

Yeah, MM is so right, the positive attitude works (most of the time).

Love to you up in the ccccold, but SPRING will come up there, won't it? :-)

Back Porch Writer said...

Great post. God agrees with you there too...The Greatest of things things is LOVE! I like the Mike Moore quote too. Keep warm Ma! We are in an ice event right now w/lights flickering. :-O