It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Chapter 2, Page 12, Book 15



If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it.

Lucy Larcom


February 12th - love warms the heart

To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.

David Viscott

This time of year it’s nice to think about anything warm.  The sunshine is a welcome sight. Winter really can be the most wonderful time of the year. But being cold takes all the fun out of it!   The cold and snow that we endure makes us appreciate the warmth and sunshine so much more than many other people do. Thankfully, there are many ways to stay warm, even in the coldest of climates



 A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.

William Arthur Ward

Living where the winters are cold and very snowy I do just about every thing I can think of to warm up.  One thing I lack is a fireplace and to me there is a lot to be said about sitting by the fire with someone you love.



There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart,
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part….

Johnny Ray Ryder, Jr

I’m thinking warm thoughts on this cold day. Research suggests that warm and fuzzy feelings can literally make us feel warmer. And I’m very thankful that at least the days are getting longer. 


A friendship that like love is warm; A love like friendship, steady.

Thomas Moore

It may be cold outside, but love warms the heart

The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.

Thomas Jefferson


4 comments:

Rose said...

Both my children have those outdoor fire pits. I dislike them because of the sparks flying from them putting holes in your clothes!

I love my Boston but right now I'm glad I live in Florida! I keep saying I want to move back to be close to my family. I have my name in many senior facilites but the wait is 5-7 years.

After this winter, I don't know if my Rheumatoid Arthritis plus Scleroderma could handle it.

Stay warm, stay safe, Hugs, Rose

betty said...

I like the thought that thinking of warm things can help one be warm when cold. I think i would think often of being on a beach with warm sand.

Betty

TARYTERRE said...

Absolutely love the quote by Lucy Larcom. "If the world seems cold to you, kindle fires to warm it."


jack69 said...

You are so right about a fire to enjoy with a loved one.
Campfires rate right up there with enjoying a water fall. Both warm your heart.
YOu guys do appreciate the spring and summer much more that we do, and with GOOD REASON.
Love from the BAnks of the Peace River.