It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

For January 27th, 2015


January 27th - love lost

I hold it true, whateer befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all. 

Alfred Lord Tennyson

I’m going to use myself as an example today.  I’ve loved and lost but I don’t regret any of the love I’ve given or received in my life.  How can love be anything but great!   

I’ve loved lots of things and lots of people.  I can remember my first love, the puppy love of a teenager.  I remember falling in love only to find out that my love wasn’t returned to.

I loved a man and married him.  He died over 20 years ago, but I’ll never regret falling in love with him.


A life with love must have some thorns,
but a life with no love will have no roses.

 Author Unknown

I love my children.  As they grew up and found their own loves and ways of life, I had to let them go.

I found myself some very good and loving friends along the way too.  Some of those friends were only in my life for a short time, and some proved themselves long lasting friends that are still mine to love today.

No matter what we go through, I’d have to say, YES, it is better to have loved and lost, than never to love at all.

There is no better feeling than love.  



4 comments:

betty said...

How neat to read, Ma, that you have no regrets of loving the people you have loved in your life and to make the statement it was better to love than not to love at all. Its a great testimony of the power of love in one's life :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

This is one of my favorite expressions, "It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all." To do so without regret is a special thing, indeed. You have been very blessed.

jack69 said...

Oh so sweet. One could neversay you do not know how to express it, because it is in every post.

Good stuff. Life is good, we do miss the love lost, but never regret it. I see family, on the screen saver. I watched Sherry tear up just this morning as she sat and looke and a picture of her and her sisters.

Always nice to stop by MA's place!

Carol Z said...

I'm with you. I can't imagine a lonelier life than one without love, even with the sadness that may come with it.