It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 7, Book 15



January 7th - When you look for love you will find it.

Looking for love is similar to a child's game of hide and seek. When my children were young, they would love to play this game . They would turn towards the wall and close their eyes and count to ten. 

In the mean time, I’d scamper off into another part of the house to find a place in which to hide. At the count of ten, the children would shriek in delight and begin their quest to find me. Their anticipation would build as they would open every closet door and look under every bed. 

While the searching part of the game was always fun, it was the finding part that was the real joy! I loved the moment when the children would finally catch me. When they found me, it was a mutual celebration that the game was over. 

The game wouldn't have been fun if the intention was to hide so that the children would never find me. The fun is in being found. I think it is the same way in our relationships.  Love never hides so well that it cannot be found.

You can look for love in all the wrong places, but when you know where your heart lies, it will find you.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

As I read this I can see a young YOU, having fun with your brood. I could see the joy in he eyes and hugs as you were found.
I know they have such warm mempories of 'Mama'. Love found them and they found LOVE!
Sweet entry lady. You done good!

betty said...

That is so true with hide and seek Ma; it was the joy of being found and knowing that you eventually would be found that made your kids enjoy playing the game. So true that love never hids, it can be found if we will just look for it and nurture it once it is found.

betty

peggy said...

You made me think of that old song, Lookin for love in all the wrong places. I wish we had room for hide-and-seek, altho some of my everyday items play that game with me every day.

TARYTERRE said...

A lovely analogy.