It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 05, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 5, Book 15


January 5th - The 12th Day of Christmas 

 Twelfth Night


There's more, much more, to Christmas
Than candlelight and cheer;
It's the spirit of sweet friendship
That brightens all year.
It's thoughtfulness and kindness,
It's hope reborn again,
For peace, for understanding,
And for goodwill to men!

Unknown

And so ends my 12 days of Christmas.  Christmas isn’t just for one day, it is forever.  Be open to God's light and love in your life and be that light and love to someone else. This is the heart of the message of Christmas and one we will always hold close to our hearts. Happy Christmas!!

The new year has begun and the days are already rolling right along.  I’m trying to take time to enjoy the moments as they come.  

Remember:

It is Christmas every time you let God love others through you…yes, it is Christmas every time you smile at your brother and offer him your hand. 

Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Like you, I have enjoyed these twelve days of Christmas.I think that first poem you quoted by UNKNOWN sums up exactly how I feel. "There's more, much more, to Christmas
Than candlelight and cheer;
It's the spirit of sweet friendship
That brightens all year.
It's thoughtfulness and kindness,
It's hope reborn again,
For peace, for understanding,
And for goodwill to men!"

jack69 said...

Love Mother Teresa. Common sense lady with great insights. I am getting thru some pop-ups this is a frustrating part of computers. LOL Always enjoy this visit though!

betty said...

I did enjoy the 12 days of Christmas, Ma, thanks for sharing them with us. My thought is to do my best to keep Christmas in my heart throughout this new year.

betty