It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 04, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 4, Book 15


January 4th  - The 11th Day of Christmas

Give yourself a perfect day. Do what makes you happiest. Look upon what gives you joy. Speak to those who warm your heart. Listen to that which lifts your spirit. Surround yourself with sights and sounds and people who give you pleasure. For all the happiness you give to others all year long, give yourself a perfect day.

Author Unknown


Having a perfect day means different things for different folks and what I like, may not be what you like, but no matter what, I like to think I have a perfect day every day.  I try to surround myself with the sights and sounds that give me JOY every day. 

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.  Well, she said, I think I'll braid my hair today. So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
H-M-M, she said, I think I'll part my hair down the middle today.  So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.  Well, she said, today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail.  So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.  YEA! she exclaimed, I don't have to fix my hair today!

Attitude is everything.

 We don’t always have a choice as to where we have to be on any given day.  Some have to go off to work when they’d rather be at home.  Some have to be with a sick loved one in the hospital.  We often find ourselves in places we don’t want to go to, but the thing is we can still surround ourselves with JOY.  It’s a mental attitude that we choose no matter where we are or what we are doing.  

Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity. I shall make of this day - each moment of this day - a heaven on earth. This is my day of opportunity.

Dan Custer


6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

JOY is a indeed a wonderful thing. It inspires you to do better. I love the quote from Author Unknown at the beginning of your post, particularly the part that says, "Listen to that which lifts your spirit."

Mevely317 said...

Goodness, but ours is a small world! Only yesterday I gave myself permission to fashion a 'perfect day.' It was truly nothing to write home about, but after I got over the initial feelings of guilt the hours flew by and I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
Seeing your post just affirmed my decision and puts me in such a better state of mind to face the new week!

betty said...

So true about attitude being everything and bestvto have a good one. I hope you enjoy your restful Sunday.

Betty

jack69 said...

I can see you are finding joy, even with troubles around you. I thought you would be cooking a lot of food! WE did that once when the Hurricane took our power for a few days.
Hope all is getting better there. and Big Joy is around the corner.

Love you lady and hope all works out well in the refrigerator department!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great post on joy. I am thinking that just might be my word of the year.

Carol Z said...

I'm especially working on my attitude concerning winter. Four happy days -- even in my least favorite month, January. Here's to a great month for all of us.