It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 30, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 30, Book 15



January 30th

Absence sharpens love, presence strengthens it. 

Thomas Fuller

There is a saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder and there is another adage that says, out of sight, out of mind.  It's kind of like you don't know what you have until it's gone. In your absence the person you love will understand how much you mean to them and the void you leave behind. 

For two who are close in heart and mind . . . the miles that
    separate them are no more than inches.

     
 It applys to friendship and also relationship.  I believe that having a chance to miss each other teaches us important lessons..  Avoiding taking each other for granted can be hard, but it is crucial.  I think absence helps keep the gratitude for that person alive and kicking.  Reuniting is always exciting and special.  



The times we do spend together strengthen our love for family and friends.  We build relationships by being present in each others lives.  I can never outdo the joys and  benefits of sharing time and space with those I love.  


Life is a matter of passing the time enjoyably. There may be other
    things in life, but I've been too busy passing my time enjoyably
    to think very deeply about them.

Peter Cook 

2 comments:

betty said...

I think it is good to miss someone you love if you don't see them every single day; makes you appreciate the time spent together so much more and to treasure the relationship indeed!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

My husband and I have maintained two residences for most of our marriage. So there has been alot of alone time and missing each other throughout. Reuniting is always joyous.