It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 22, Book 15



January 22nd - Love vs. fear

Love is what we were born with. Fear is what we learned here. The spiritual journey is the relinquishment, or unlearning, of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts. 

Marianne Williamson

Love is said to be the greatest protection from fear, the best armor .


There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

 1 John 4:18

When I am fearful I am less grateful and that I am less open to options. I don’t see as clearly when I am fearful. When fear is removed, we can operate in the spirit of love. We have the ability to love the unlovable. We can even love our enemies.  


While we are focusing on fear, worry, or hate, it is not possible for us to be experiencing happiness, enthusiasm or love. 

Bo Bennett

 If there is any fear in the love you seek or the love you give, it is not real Love at all, but an emotional barter game. Love has to be freely and unconditionally given away, or it is not really Love.


Fear is just your feelings asking for a hug. 

Danielle Sanchez

Love without expectation.  Don’t let fear get in your way.  


a prayer attributed to St. Thomas More:

Grant me, O Lord, good digestion, and also something to digest.  Grant me a healthy body, and the necessary good humour to maintain it.  Grant me a simple soul that knows to treasure all that is good and that doesn’t frighten easily at the sight of evil, but rather finds the means to put things back in their place.  Give me a soul that knows not boredom, grumbling, sighs and laments, nor excess of stress, because of that obstructing thing called ‘I’.  Grant me, O Lord, a sense of good humour.  Allow me the grace to be able to take a joke and to discover in life a bit of joy, and to be able to share it with others.

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Love the prayer by Thomas Moore. And I think even further - if you love God - then that helps with fear a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

It is true that fear can paralyze. Love is the key to keeping it at bay.

betty said...

I too like that prayer from Thomas More. I like "love without expectation; don't let fear get in your way." So much is not done by people because they are afraid of doing something.

betty

jack69 said...

You gotta love the quote by Danielle about Fear and hugs!

You know, that just might be true! (smile)

We are enjoying the sunshine with a weaterman who is a pessimist! (smile)