It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 15



January 11th - Love believes

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  

1 John 4:16

God is Love, and His love is very different from human love. God's love is unconditional, and it's not based on feelings or emotions. He doesn't love us because we're lovable or because we make Him feel good; He loves us because He is love. 

The closer we are to a friend or loved one, the more secure and unafraid we become. The deeper the love, the more glowing one feels in the presence of the beloved and so it is as we grow in the love of God. 

There are many changes in life that often pull us away from those we love most we need to believe that Love is stronger than anything else, even distance. 

Sometimes we feel as if we don’t love enough, but the real problem is that we don't understand how much God love us.


Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

1 Corinthians 13:7

If love believes all things and love is our motivation, then suspicion and distrust has no place.  We form a position in which we think the best of each other, rather than assuming the worst or judging another’s unspoken thoughts and motivations.


I believe in the sun
though it is late in rising.

I believe in love
though it is absent.

I believe in God
though He is silent.

unknown

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I guess that says a BUNCH, because GOD IS LOVE! You are right though, we do not understand the depth of it. Love from Florida, we are warming up.

betty said...

So true how God's love is unconditionall and that he is love. If we could grasp that and live like that, what a better world this would be!

betty

Mevely317 said...

So true. I'm sometimes challenged trying to grasp God's all-consuming and unconditional love. Mostly I'm humbled.

TARYTERRE said...

I believe the quote from 1 Corinthians 13:7 is constant and true. "Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

JeanJournal said...

I love those who even are disappointed in me about something that was not my fault ~ and just trust God to change their behavior towards me ~ HE answers my prayers! and all ia well with me.JeanJournal