It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 01, 2015

Chapter 1, Page 1, Book 15


January 1st - The Eighth Day of Christmas

New Year Prayer

God grant us this year a wider view,
So we see others' faults through the eyes of You.
Teach us to judge not with hasty tongue,
Neither the adult ... nor the young.

Give us patience and grace to endure
And a stronger faith so we feel secure.
Instead of remembering, help us forget
The irritations that caused us to fret.

Freely forgiving for some offense
And finding each day a rich recompense.
In offering a friendly, helping hand
And trying in all ways to understand;

That all of us whoever we are ...
Are trying to reach an unreachable star.
For the great and small ... the good and bad,
The young and old ... the sad and glad

Are asking today; Is life worth living?
The answer is only in, loving and giving.
For only Love can make man kind
And Kindness of Heart brings Peace of Mind.

By giving love, we can start this year
To lift the clouds of hate and fear.

 Helen Steiner Rice

Today I begin a new book, a new chapter and a fresh page not just here on my blog but in my life too.  We never know what new things will happen as each day begins, but I’ve found that every day is one to celebrate and excitement is found in the simplest of things.



We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

 Edith Lovejoy Pierce

I take joy in sharing what I find each day in the pages I write.  I hope to give some inspiration and encouragement along the way as usually what I put down on the pages is something that has brightened my day too.  A new year is like having 365 pages of blank canvas ready for you to draw on . It gives us a chance to redeem ourselves and become a better person.

Christmas is a journey into the breadth and length and height and depth of Christ's love.  LOVE  is my perfect word for 2015.  We do not know the way, but the Love that came down on Christmas Day will tell us each step to take on the road to love.

Today I honor what has been and welcome what is to come. I give thanks for the year that has ended, for all my experiences, and the growth of my soul. I am ready to say goodbye to past events, the challenges that strengthened my faith, and the moments that made me who I am.  



Best of wishes to you all for a very
  Happy New Year !


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.

T.S.Elliott

7 comments:

SuperLux said...

Glad to read the first page of your 365 pages book for the year. :)

Happy New Year! Wish you one epic 2015.

Hollie said...

BEAUTIFUL entry!!! Lots of inspiration and wisdom in your words!! Happy New YEAR!!!

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you. I love the quote, "For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning." by T.S.Elliott

jack69 said...

I smile when I see the NEW BOOK PAGE. Your unique title is neat.
I come here often because you DO SHARE some great thoughts and stories as they happen in your BOOK.
Happy New year to you with lots of LOVE!

betty said...

I always enjoy reading the inspirstion you share here, thanks for sharing it with us. Happy new year.

Betty

betty said...

I always enjoy reading the inspirstion you share here, thanks for sharing it with us. Happy new year.

Betty

Carol Z said...

What a great post for January 1, and what a great word for the year. I look forward to visiting as you write in your book each day. Happy and healthy!