It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 05, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 5, Book 14



You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.

Craig Bruce

Advent is about perspective. It's about looking at our lives and seeing what matters most.  I remember waiting to grow up, to be an adult.  I remember waiting for the right man to come along, the one that would be my mate for life.  I remember waiting to have children, there were many years I thought I’d not have one.  I remember waiting for the days when my children would grow up.  It’s seemed for ever before they took their first step.  I remember waiting for the first grandchild to come with eager anticipation.  I remember waiting until I could retire from work.  Good things are worth waiting for.


Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts.

From the book: Anne of Green Gables


They say that if you want something done, ask someone who is busy.  With the ever increasing pace of life this time of year, family and friends, business associates and community groups ask more and more of our time.  It seems the more we do, the more people want from us.

The time to get away, to refresh the body and soul, is hard to find.  The good news is that we are given the gift of a new day each time we wake up in the morning.  Time is a blessing.

The days of Advent allow me to seek time out intentionally rather than grasping for a few moments of respite here and there. I am grateful to the Advent season as the perspective received helps me prepare and reflect and the  gift I receive from it is peace.


The manner of giving is worth more than the gift.

Pierre Corneille


3 comments:

jack69 said...

You placed a lot of Gold here. It is fun to come by and mine. Today was easy, the nuggets were there "JUST WAITING TO BE GATHERED".
Thanks, waiting HAS been a rewarding part of my life also.
Beautiful day here. have a great day!

TARYTERRE said...

My granddaughter was complaining about the wait for something and I told her, "Anything worth having is worth waiting for." She really began to ponder that thought.

betty said...

I think God has us wait for things to help us develop patience. I cannot imagine how different things would have been if I got some things immediately when I wanted them.

Betty