It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 31, Book 14


December 31st -  The Seventh day of Christmas

Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. 

Calvin Coolidge

The top 4 things people seem to like about Christmas are: #1 spending time with family, #2 decorations, #3 presents  Getting them, or watching others open them, or just the whole environment of everyone passing them out and opening them and #4 Christmas dinner. 

There is no reason I can think of that we can’t do a little of that in our lives every day.  You all know I live a lone, most of the time there is just me, myself and I here, but I do make it a point to spend time with family when I can and just for the fun of it and because I like to cook, I invite any that can come over to dinner once a month.  


As far as decorating goes, well I believe that any house looks good when the best ornaments are family and friends.  Every day is a gift and when you start to count your blessings, you find that truly we do have presents given to us every day.  Look around they are there for each and every one of us.

Interestingly enough, of all the things people like about Christmas, only a few mentioned celebrating the birth of Christ, and not many at all made that the number one reason.

Every day is a day to praise God and thank Him for his wonderful blessings.  Not just at Christmas, but all through the year.

The love at Christmas should be with us throughout the coming year.

Wishing you all a safe and happy New Years Eve!


Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.

Brad Paisley

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Love the quote you ended with about the first day of a new 365 day book. Blank pages to fill, indeed. Happy New Year.

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the quote too. Happy New Year and wishing you the best one yet.

betty said...

I know you will open your new book tomorrow, Ma, with the new year. I am sure you will do your best in 2015 to keep a bit of Christmas in each day.

Betty

jack69 said...

Love the last Quote, fit you to a 'T'. I did like the 'BEST ARRANGEMENTS' statement, dat wuz cool!

Hollie said...

Happy New YEar!!!