It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 24, Book 14


Somewhere across the winter world tonight
You will be hearing chimes that fill the air;
Christmas extends its all enfolding light
Across the distance...something we can share.

You will be singing, just the same as I,
These familiar songs we know so well,
And you will see these same stars in your sky
And wish upon that brightest one that fell.

I shall remember you and trim my tree,
One shining star upon the topmost bough;
I will hang wreaths of faith that all may see --
Tonight I glimpse beyond the hear and now.

And all the time that we must be apart
I keep a candle in my heart.

Mary E. Linton, Candlelit Heart
This is probably one of my most favorite poems at Christmas.  I do have many loved ones far away.  Family and friends alike will be remembered as I keep the candle of remembrance burning.

May your days be Merry and Bright !

Happy Christmas Eve!

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I have never heard this poem before. It is lovely, indeed. I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Hollie said...

Merry CHRISTmas!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Merry Christmas. I hope it is the best one yet.

Carol Z said...

Keeping my blog friends in my thoughts. Wishes for a bright and blessed Christmas.

betty said...

I haven't heard of this song, Ma; but I like the sentiment in it, especially with loved ones far away. Always good to remember them how we can and be in touch with them as we can.

betty