It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 23, Book 14


Every year we celebrate the holy season of Advent, O God. Every year we pray those beautiful prayers of longing and waiting, and sing those lovely songs of hope and promise.

Karl Rahner
 When someone is waiting for something, there is a need for the individual to be watchful or vigilant. Watchfulness is a great virtue. It could also be viewed as vigilance, circumspection, awareness, or attentiveness. This is important because one needs to see or observe what one is waiting for so that when it finally arrives one will not be taken by surprise



The magi, as you know, were wise men – wonderfully wise men who brought gifts to the Babe in the manger. They invented the art of giving Christmas presents

 O. Henry

Too often when what we are waiting and watching for is right before us. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and so I’ll end my thoughts on waiting.  I hope that in some small way, I’ve made the days of preparation and waiting a little more meaningful.

I’ve spent days preparing, watching and waiting and am blessed to know that none of it was in vain.  Christmas comes once again ! 



TODAY IS A GIFT

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:
I — not events — have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Groucho Marx

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that quote from Groucho Marx, lots of truth in that and a good way to look at each day!

I have enjoyed your thoughts of waiting, Ma, during this Advent season!

betty

jack69 said...

Seems (sweetly)strange, Groucho basically quoting scripture.
Alos like the statement that the Magki 'Invented' gift giving..

Merry Christmas (I too, love saying that!)

TARYTERRE said...

I had never thought of watchfulness as a virtue. But after reading your explanation, I agree 100%.

JeanJournal said...

MERRY CHRIATMAS and YOU bring happiness to MANY!! JeanJournal