It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 21, Book 14


Life Is An Advent Season

Author unknown

Life is a constant Advent season: we are continually waiting to become, to discover, to complete, to fulfill. Hope, struggle, fear, expectation and fulfillment are all part of our Advent experience.

The world is not as just, not as loving, not as whole as we know it can and should be. But the coming of Christ and his presence among us.  He give us reason to live in hope: that light will shatter the darkness, that we can be liberated from our fears and prejudices, that we are never alone or abandoned.


Between the wish and the thing life lies waiting. 

Proverb

May this Advent season be a time for bringing hope, transformation and fulfillment into the Advent of our lives.

This is the 4th Sunday of Advent.  We have just a few more days of waiting and Christmas will be here.  I've had many peace filled moments this year. When I focus on peace. I clear my mind of cluttered thoughts and replace them with images of tranquility. I try to visualize a quiet lake, the stars on a clear night sky, or my family snuggled in restful sleep.

More and more I'm so thankful for my faith, family and friends.  



I love the Christmastide, and yet,
I notice this, each year I live;
I always like the gifts I get,
But how I love the gifts I give!

Carolyn Wells

6 comments:

Hollie said...

MERRY CHRISTmas!!!

jack69 said...

As you so thoughtfully said, HE gives us reason to HOPE!
Love from Florida where we
ARE READY for Christmas!!!

betty said...

How neat, Ma, that you found a Life descrption for Advent; goes along with the Life series you did during part of the summer! So true too how we continually wait during the different seasons of our lives. I think focusing on peace, like you have been doing this Advent season, is a great way to prepare for the upcoming Christmas in just a few days!

betty

Mevely317 said...

In light of yesterday's awful news from NYC, I needed to read this. Indeed, He has promised 'light to shatter the darkness.'

Wishing you a peaceful day!

Chatty Crone said...

I do think that Christmas brings the best out of us. Merry Christmas.

TARYTERRE said...

i think finding peace by visualizing a quiet lake and the stars on a clear night sky is the perfect way to do it.