It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chapter 12, Page 11, Book 14


It is strange that the years teach us patience; that the shorter our time, the greater our capacity for waiting. 

Elizabeth Taylor

My ability to wait well depends on what it is I am waiting for. I rather enjoy the anticipation that comes when waiting for happy events on the calendar.

Waiting is exciting when you can measure progress, and the reward you’re waiting for is within reach. Otherwise, waiting can feel downright unbearable. That is one of the reasons it’s good to have Advent wreaths and Advent calendars to we can see what progress is being made in our journey to Christmas.

Waiting helps you develop your imagination as to the vast possibilities coming our way



Silent night, Holy night 
All is calm, all is bright 

  Sometimes as we near the end of the year and all that implies coupled with the busyness of the Christmas season, we do, indeed, grow weary.  The hectic pace belies this season of peace.  Most of us would not or could not say that 'all is calm'.

It's unfortunate that so many people sabotage their chances to enjoy the holidays, though, never allowing themselves the opportunity to relax, let go, and simply enjoy. 



Waiting, watchfully, with hope, not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.

Emily Dickinson

It’s our choice to relax and take some time out to light some candles and reflect on the meaning of the season.  Remember: Things will turn out as they turn out. Let them, and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !


What is a true gift? One for which nothing is expected in return. 

Chinese Proverb

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that Chinese proverb; that is so true about a true gift! It is easier waiting for something we enjoy, like an upcoming holiday, than waiting for something we need, like a job, but I guess both teach us patience :)

betty

peggy said...

I will have to save some of your quotes today. I have a little book I keep.

jack69 said...

I do like that statement: My ability to wait depends what I am waiting for. NEAT!
We are still cool but not CCCOLD anyway.
Love and I know you will have a great day, no matter the weather!

TARYTERRE said...

That Chinese proverb speaks to me. So true.