It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Chapter11, Page 25, Book 14


Gratitude takes three forms: a feeling in the heart, an expression in words, and a giving in return.

John Wanamaker

I read the message below in one of my morning devotionals this past week and it was appreciated !  Hope it puts some meaning into your day too!

This is a sure way to say goodbye to complaining and ingratitude: Each day, let’s rehearse the faithfulness and goodness of God to us.

Lord, You have given us so much. Forgive us for our
short memories and bad attitudes. Help us to
remember and be grateful for all that You have
provided. And help us to tell others of the good things You have done for us.

Proclaiming God’s faithfulness silences discontentment.

Remember:

The quickest way to douse the fire of anger is with a bucket of prayer. Rather than rant, rave, or seek revenge…pray. 

Max Lucado


Today I’m thankful for:

2252. for people to buy gifts for
2253.for a wide variety of things to buy
2254. for a little money in my pocket to go shopping with


All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.

Ralph Waldo Emerson


5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Loved the quote today from John Wanamaker. I can really identify with it. Lots to be grateful for, for sure. I spent yesterday buying presents for my grandchildren, so I know what you mean.

betty said...

I liked that quote of Max Lucado's, I'm going to share it with someone who needs to hear these words I think, so thanks, Ma for posting them!

betty

Scrappy quilter said...

I love this. The scene picture is so calming. Have a wonderful day.

jack69 said...

I really do want to keep an attitude of Gratitude. Me 'n Betty together on this one. It is worth sharing!!!
We have MUCH rain today. Thankfully, we were able to stop a leak. Yep I am grateful that I can have tools available...

Sr. Ann Marie said...

I do love that quote about anger!!!