It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 07, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 7, Book 14



Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings

 William Arthur Ward

I saw a Charlie Brown cartoon that said:  

Charlie Brown: What do you think you’d like to be when you grow up?
Linus: Outrageously happy!

 Peanuts


It is the common days here at my house that make me happy.  Since I’ve no where else to go, I’ve made up my mind to be contented with where I am and to look on the bright side.  I’m always looking for those little things that make me outrageously happy !

I try to live in the moment, while life is simple, and smile!


Today I’m thankful for:

2198. for so many good words to say, words matter


2199. for fond memories of Michigan


2200.  for cards to send out, I’ve got them, now to get them addressed

6 comments:

jack69 said...

I am thankful for an uncluttered life. Not complicated by drama and local gossip. One can smile more and be Outrageously Happy at times. (smile) Sunshine, but they are calling for some rain, they can use it on the ground here, that is for sure...

betty said...

I liked that comment of Linus! I think that is a good thing to strive for! Won't be long before those Christmas cards will be ready to be mailed :)

betty

Hollie said...

I think a simple life is a blessing indeed!! Lots of great things to be thankful for!!

TARYTERRE said...

I love Michigan too. Simple things bring us the most joy.

Chatty Crone said...

The older I get the more simple I like it.

Back Porch Writer said...

The frame of mind makes all the difference. Sometimes I make my own chaos OR peace and content. Have a happy weekend!