It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 5, Book 14



God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say thank you?

William A. Ward

The older I get, the more I believe that gratitude is the answer to almost every problem we face. It can transform anxiety, anger, and depression.  It may not change our circumstances, though it often does, but it can change us

Today take the time to notice the gifts around you. Whether it is the natural beauty that surrounds you, the interesting people you encounter, or the simple beating of your heart, everything is a miracle if you have eyes to see it.

If we receive everything as a gift, designed for either our enjoyment, our transformation, or both, we open ourselves to a world of new possibilities.

Gratitude is one of the things that makes humans unique and sets us apart from the animals. But we have to speak it, in order to experience the power of being thankful.

Remember to let your gratefulness overflow into the lives of those you encounter today. It doesn’t have to be fancy, just offer them a smile, a touch, or the simple gift of your presence.


Today I’m thankful for:


2192. for the many stress free days that I enjoy



2193. for a Thanksgiving menu to plan, it means a family gathering




2194. for seasonal treats like Thomas English Muffins with cranberries


3 comments:

betty said...

Oh my gosh, those English muffins sound delicious! I'll have to look for them here! I am really trying to be more grateful about things, Ma, and you are right, it does make a difference!

betty

jack69 said...

Yes, Betty, it does make a difference. Betty seems to say what I want to say. I couldn't believe the English Muffins hit her fancy too!
Anyway MA, good visit here today, the day after the elections....

TARYTERRE said...

I am grateful for your post today. I did not know that there was such a thing as Thomas English Muffins with cranberries. I will be on the lookout for them in my grocery store. they sound yummy!