It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 29, Book 14


Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.

Karl Barth

I can’t help but be joyful when I’ve got something to be thankful for.  Whenever I’m tempted to give in to feeling sorry for myself I just look over the list of all the things I’ve had to be thankful for and then I realized just how blessed I am.  

When we practice gratitude, we train ourselves to pay attention to small moments of grace found amid the mundane moments of life. Gratitude opens up a new world to us, when we start to notice the gifts that are always available to us, always surrounding us, waiting to be seen. Gratitude can give us new eyes to see what has been there the whole time.

A person never runs out of reasons to say thanks. Just the word lifts the spirit!  To say, thanks, is to celebrate a gift. Something. Anything. 

Max Lucado

Today I’m thankful for:

2264. for dancing, lots of fun and good for you too
2265.for decorations to put up and make the house look cheery
2266. for great smelling candles, they make it smell like Christmas here


Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest person
it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.

Edward Sandford Martin

This ends my month long series of thankfulness.  But I’ll never stop counting because there is always, always something to be thankful for.

Tomorrow is the 1st Sunday of Advent so here at my house we'll be preparing for Christmas 


The Advent Virus is coming…

Be on the alert for symptoms of inner HOPE, PEACE, JOY AND LOVE.

The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to this virus and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world.

Some signs and symptoms of THE ADVENT VIRUS:

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.
An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
A loss of interest in judging other people.
A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
A loss of interest in conflict.
A loss of the ability to worry. This is a very serious symptom.
Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
Frequent attacks of smiling.
An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

Prepare in Peace,
Prepare in Hope,
Prepare in Joy,
Prepare in Love.

5 comments:

betty said...

I like that we need to practice gratitude and thankfulness, Ma. It is something that doesn't come easy unless it is used often and becomes part of our lives :)

betty

jack69 said...

Thank you!
Thanks and thankfulness are beautiful words and do lift the spirits...
Nice day here today.

Chatty Crone said...

I have kept a grateful journal for about 20 years- and I just borrowed a couple of your ideas to add to my book! We can be thankful for just about everything.

TARYTERRE said...

today was the day we celebrated Thanksgiving so I appreciated this post about gratitude.

Barbara said...

Great word.