It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 28, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 28, Book 14


Got no check books, got no banks. Still I'd like to express my thanks — I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. 

Irving Berlin

I may not have much, but I’m thankful for what I do have.

I’ve got a home, it may be old and everything in it is old too, like me

I’ve got lots of family, there is never a dull moment and they give me many reasons to be happy

I’ve got a few good friends, Like the old say goes, One is silver a the other gold. 

I’ve got a great church to go to where I’m renewed and refreshed every week.

I’m so truly blessed and appreciate seeing the sunrise and set every day.  The rising sun reminds me to be thankful for another day.  The sunset reminds me to count those blessings and write them down.  Thanksgiving may be over but we’ve still a few days left of November so I’ll be sharing my thanks till it ends.

I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual. . .
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches. No run on
my bank can drain it, for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.

Henry David Thoreau


Today I’m thankful for:

2261. for a Black Friday trip to Christmas in the Country
2262. for holiday traditions
2263. for precious memories

4 comments:

Hollie said...

LOts to be thankful for!! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

TARYTERRE said...

I saw a glorious sunrise this morning. Something to be thankful for indeed. ENJOY your Country Black Friday.

betty said...

I think you have a wonderful list of thanks, Ma! Your day sounds fun too, enjoy!

betty

jack69 said...

Oh yes, Thankful is always good. We too are so very thankful for all we have been blessed with, Life is good and we are THANKFUL!!
Little cool but sunny here.. Nice day