It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 24, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 24, Book 14



Give thanks for all things. All things great and small, good, bad, for all things are for a purpose.

Ann Herbstreith

I do try to be thankful for everything and look for the bright side in every moment.  But, I find it hardest to be thankful for winter.  I’m not of fan of cold or snow at all.  I don’t like shoveling snow, it gets harder ever year.  I fear slipping and falling on the ice.  

So today I’m sharing some reasons to be thankful for winter….

Water is an important natural resource and snow replenishes our waterways

Winter wonderlands are beautiful when your inside looking out

One of the benefits of winter is that it helps us appreciate warmer weather.

This is a time of great joy as we celebrate family and friends during the holidays. 

Oven baked pies and acorn squash

Spiced cider brewing on the stove

I’m sure there are really many other things to be thankful for in winter.  As we have several months until Spring comes, I’ll be looking for more.


Today I’m thankful for :

2249. for talents to use to help others
2250. for a warmer day
2251. for children and grandchildren, they motivate me to do more

The person born with a talent they are meant to use will find their greatest happiness in using it. 

Johann von Goethe

3 comments:

betty said...

I liked how you tried to make a positive list about winter, Ma! I guess to add to that list would be that you are retired and don't have to be out in the weather as much as in previous years :)

betty

jack69 said...

We who dodge WINTER do love to see the winter wonderlands. We are thankful for our home on wheels that we can follow Fall South. I hope next year it may be Texass or even further West. Once in Arizona, near Deadwood, we awoke to snow. I had no idea they had snow there, but there it was, and it was beautiful...
I am thankful for internet friends also...

TARYTERRE said...

I enjoyed this post, particularly the quote..."Winter wonderlands are beautiful when you're inside looking out."