It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 14


If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 80 percent of the worlds wealthy.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

Author Unknown

I am blessed, I have more health than wealth today.  I’m so thankful for a little money in my bank account, but more than that I’m thankful that I can smile and be a thankful person.

There are clothes on my back and food in the fridge and a roof over my head.  I have so much more than many other do.  

They say that when we have much we should share what we have and that is what I try to do.  I share my faith and the love of family and home.  This is where my wealth lies.  Not in a big bank account.


Today I’m thankful for:

2231. for life, what an adventure !
2232. for cartoon characters like Mickey Mouse, it’s his birthday today
2233. for snow melt to sprinkle on our icy front steps


In the quiet hours when we are alone and there is nobody to tell us what fine fellows we are, we come sometimes upon a moment in which we wonder, not how much money we are earning, nor how famous we have become, but what good we are doing.

A.A. Milne

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I thought the author unknown quotes were particularly good. And true, so true. Food for thought, indeed.

betty said...

It is so true that even with the simple things we might have and take for granted like food and housing, we are so much better off than so many other people. It is sobering to remember that and to then especially be grateful!

betty

peggy said...

Just this morning, my son and I talked about the things that make us feel so grateful to have, little things make us rich.

jack69 said...

Oh yes I like that thought more health than wealth. That one my mind wraps around very well. Thanks.
Love from a chilly Florida, but 55 midday is better than 27 back in North Carolina. (Smile)