It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 12, Book 14




If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. 

Frank A. Clark

Perhaps it is because some of us have so much that we fail to recognize the really important gifts that we receive.  Often times we get so busy with chasing after the things we want, after the things that are somewhere out there, that we forget to enjoy the present moment, we forget to be happy.

I’ve found that by taking stock of what we're thankful for can make us more joyful .  There are ordinary things that happen each day that we may not even think of as noteworthy for our gratitude list. If we slow down, we may actually notice the things that really make us happy.

Today I’m thankful for:


2213. For DDIL#1, today is her birthday!


2214. for chicken soup, good for the body and the soul


2215. for the US Mail, it delivers my cards where they need to go


4 comments:

betty said...

Happy birthday to your DDIL#1! I hope it is a joyful day for her! That chicken soup looks delicious! I too am glad for the postal service, they have a hard job getting things delivered in all weather, they do an amazing job!

betty

jack69 said...

I am glad I stopped by today for sure. Clark's quote hits home, along with your interpretations of 'We have so much' it generates thoughts., Very true.

Scrappy quilter said...

Shay a lovely daughter. I love these posts about being thankful. Always encourages me to be thankful too.

TARYTERRE said...

I thank the post office too everytime I mail something. Happy Birthday to your DDIL#1.