It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 01, 2014

Chapter 11, Page 1, Book 14



GRATITUDE OPENS THE DOOR TO BOUNTIFUL BLESSINGS

We said farewell to October and with quite a celebration!  Hope you all had a Happy Halloween!

November is always my month to give thanks and that is the theme I’ll be pursuing all month long here on this blog.  There are many ways to give thanks and many many things to be thankful for.

Today I’m showing you just a few of the things I was thankful for in October



Wagon Wheel Chili



golden leaves that brightened a rainy day




a visit from one of my grandsons.  He just loves ‘Happy’




My beautiful granddaughter going to her first homecoming prom




Peeled and cooked up some good butternut squash




a sunflower that made for some natural bird food


 

The best costume award 




Grandchildren in a pumpkin patch




beautiful sunrises




Halloween fun for my grandchildren



Pumpkins that made a hit with this little curly top granddaughter



My Sunshine boys that always make me smile!

When I look back at this past month, I love where this lovely journey took me. Surprises around every bend. Trust from the trees who aren’t afraid to lose their leaves. God’s fingerprints in the beauty of Fall.

 November brings us Thanksgiving and the gratefulness that October prepared us for.

Extra wishes for a safe, healthy, delight filled November with lots of the good kind of surprises.


Remember: Every ending is also a beginning. Saying goodbye to what has been, we welcome what will be.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

THANKFUL? You can bet on it.
You have a lot to be thankful and proud of. Love the engine complete with engineer and cap. Beautiful pictures.
Thanks and Happy November... We made it!

betty said...

This is neat how you did your thankfuls like this with pictures, Ma! October was a great month for you and yours! Looking forward to a month of thanks!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Your grandchildren are all beautiful. Love that little witch though. wagonwheel chili sounds good.

Mevely317 said...

Love seeing your grands' smiling faces!
I can see how your wee engineer won 'best costume.' Very original!