It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 09, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 9, Book 14



Faith is not without worry or care, but faith is fear that has said a prayer.

Author Unknown 

God’s Solution is a Prayer Away...

Every day I visit and read some inspiration and religious web sites and one of those is Max Lucado's.  I’ve also read several of his very inspirational books.  One of my favorites is Everyday Deserves a Chance!  Wake up to the gift of 24 hours!

This month he proposed a challenge which I accepted , not on his website but in my heart, and so far I’ve been successful at it too.  Praying is something I’ve always done but sometimes it gets to be a ritual and not as meaningful as it could be.  Some days get busy and I quickly go though my prayers not really putting a lot of thought into it.  

He says that by following the simple outline below we can make our prayers more meaningful and develop a good habit at the same time.  So I thought you all might like to join me.  I’ll be saying the 4 minute prayer challenge for 4 weeks every day.

Prayer Challenge

Father,
You are good.
I need help. Heal me and forgive me.
They need help.
Thank you.
In Jesus’ name, amen.


Remember this:

Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden. 


Corrie Ten Boom

5 comments:

betty said...

I like that challenge, Ma. I think I'll do it too. And you are right, we can sometimes get into a habit or a ritual. I'll have to check out his website!

Enjoy the day!

betty

Elizabeth said...

That is very true, I do pray everyday and some days in the hurry of the day, it can be like a ritual.

TARYTERRE said...

i never take my prayers for granted. it is a good challenge.

jack69 said...

I believe we all do this, go thru the ritual at times. And yes we need to concentrate. Sounds like a good idea.

Love Corrie Ten Boom.

peggy said...

that's a small prayer but with a big meaning, thank you for your prayers.