It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 7, Book 14



Inspiration comes through many channels - people­ I meet, places I visit, words and pictures that stir my heart and spirit. 

Author Unknown

Sometimes inspiration comes easily and sometimes it takes work to find it! I've long been inspired by an idea someone else has passed along or the smells of something baking in the oven and one thing I know for sure is that you have to be on the look out for it.



It is so easy to lose what little control we have over life and get lost within the spiral of overwhelming events. The great news is that we don’t have to pack up everything and escape to some deserted island just to find some solace and inspiration.  The only requirement is to open your inner eyes and choose to see life, and all it’s wonders, in a new light.


Just watching the sunrise is a blessing and inspires me daily.  It’s dark now when I get up in the mornings and I sit in my kitchen and have a wonderful view of the sunrise every morning.  With the sun at a lower point in the horizon, I can see it come up now.  In the summer it was behind the house next door now I get a better and brighter view.  


Fall is a great time to take in the sights of the geese flying in formation too.  We are blessed to have a flock of them that have made there home not far away from here and sightings are frequent.  I love to hear their honk honking as they make their way back home for the evening. 


Taking a walk or a hike in the fall is very invigorating.  I love to kick the leaves and hear them rustle as I walk along.  I need to do more of that for sure.  My walking is mostly done up and down the stairs here when it gets colder out.  Soon the snow and ice will keep me inside more and more so before that happens I want to enjoy the outdoors more.


There are definitely more ways to find inspiration in our everyday lives.  We simply need to slow down and look !  Inspiration is everywhere.
  

When you’re inspired, anything is possible. When you’re inspired, you are in flow of life.  

3 comments:

jack69 said...

You covered inspiration the way I love it:
The only requirement is to open your inner eyes and choose to see life, and all it’s wonders, in a new light.
***************
Good stuff here. Love the pictures, they alone can inspire me...

betty said...

I like how you listed ways for us to get inspration, Ma! I need to take a few more walks I think!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

You are right you can find inspiration in everything. I love watching the geese too. The way they fly, the way they honk and waddle.