It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 5, Book 14


Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.

Arthur Ashe

Sometimes getting started is the hardest part of my day.  I took a few minutes to look for some good ways to get the day started off right and that’s what today’s quotes are all about.  Why not start each morning with words of wisdom that will shape your day?


I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning.

J. B. Priestley

Sometimes a little motivation is all you need to get you pumped up for your day, or to get you through your day


Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.

W. C. Fields

A hearty laugh can fill you up with enough endorphin to recharge you.


My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Gary Grant

Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again.


Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
    for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
    for I give myself to you.

Psalm 143:8

One small positive  thought in the morning can change your whole day



Starting today I need to forget what’s gone
Appreciate what still remains
And look forward to what’s coming next.

5 comments:

Hollie said...

Thank you for all the quotes!! I so enjoy your entries!!

betty said...

So true, Ma, how one positive thought in the morning can change our day! The very fact we wake up to a new day should be that positive thought to thank God for that :)

betty

Mevely317 said...

I love JB Priestley's quote!
... and the sideways grin on that pumpkin? Smiles!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the pumpkin. And the quote to start each day with a smile. Cary Grant's words were good too.

jack69 said...

AAAh lady, you are so right. It is so very hard to START at times, but once the first step is forced, life starts anew.

A little cool here also in the evenings. Just heard from Gran daughter in NC, she switched on the heat for the first time also...
Love from Melbourne, FL