It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 4, Book 14


I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.

Woodrow Wilson


I am always appreciative of others advice.  My knowledge is limited to the things I’ve experienced so when I hear about or read about something someone else has done or tried, I’m willing to listen.  One thing I miss about working with a group of people is the interchanging of ideas.  Anyone who works from home will often say the same thing.  

I get together with 2 of my oldest friends once a month and love the sharing that goes on.  We come from different backgrounds and have done different things so the conversation can get quite lively.  Whether it is about family, homemaking, or doctor appointments there is always a lot to learn.

Here are a few pieces of advice I found to be very beneficial no matter what age you are or what walk of life that you are in.



Remember you only have one life -- this is not a dress rehearsal

Try to stay positive and look for the good in every life experience

Keep an eye on the here and now

Live each day fully because you don't what's around the corner

Remember that life can change in an instant

Love all the stages of your life and fear none, because they are all magical 

Learn to live in the moment. If you master this when you are young, it will help in your 60s

Life's too short to be worrying about something that will happen in the future -- live for today

Get outdoors and enjoy nature! 

Find a hobby or a profession that will take you through all your different stages of life

Make memories but always keep a soft landing place

Never cease to be inspired.

Don't carry rubbish through your life!

Live with passion and love with your eyes and heart wide open. Just be happy

Treasure the simple things in your life -- don't overcomplicate things

Give your love freely and unconditionally

Let go of your anger and let gratitude and joy flood into your life

Value your family. They will be there when others are not. They will sustain you throughout your life journey

Don't waste time worrying about the things you can't change but change the things you can

Be kind to yourself. Let go off what you can't control. If it feels wrong, don't do it

Learn to laugh at yourself. Don't be so serious!

Give yourself some 'me' time every day and laugh and smile all the time

Never let fear get the upper hand

Be grateful for every day, even bad days -- there's always a lesson to learn 



Good advice is beyond all price. 


Proverb

4 comments:

betty said...

I like that good advice is beyond all price! You have learned a lot over the years, Ma, that is an impressive list of advice you shared with us, lots to ponder over! So true too about having a group of people to exchange ideas with; I do miss that working at home. Often I wish I had another set of ears that could listen to a word I am having trouble figuring out and know if someone else listened, they probably would get it. I always think it is good to listen to the advice of others from their perspective.

betty

jack69 said...

You are so right about ideas. And one is never too old to learn from another's experience...

VERY GOOD reminders here. Good advice can be like money in the bank, that is for sure...
Off and on sun here in Florida.

Mevely317 said...

I wish I'd read these gems 30 years ago! (Then again, would I have paid attention?)

Nevertheless, I appreciate your sharing them today ... especially that reminder not to be so serious.

TARYTERRE said...

Good advice is indeed priceless. No doubt about it, life is NOT a dress rehearsal. Make each minute count.