It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 31, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 31, Book 14



Your life is the fruit of your own doing. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Joseph Campbell

The blame game...

So often we blame our issues on someone else!  We say things like: Life would be so much easier if my spouse would stop being so irritating. And that annoying coworker! If she would just shape up, I wouldn’t get so mad. While we’re at it, I wish my neighbor would stop showing off his new car. You know, I would be so much happier if I had one too.

At the end of the day, you are solely responsible for your success and your failure. And the sooner you realize that, you accept that, and integrate that into your work ethic, you will start being successful. As long as you blame others for the reason you aren't where you want to be, you will always be a failure.

Erin Cummings

Some people panic when they lose control of a situation and so they try to restore the sense of being in control by blaming others. So behind the act of blaming others fear might exist.  People who blame others usually try to hide their feelings of helplessness. If they didn’t blame anyone they would admit that they are not in control and that there is nothing they can do.

I learned a valuable lesson a long time ago and that is the fact that I am not in control.  I’m really thankful that I haven’t been assigned the job of managing the universe.  I have all I can do most days to keep myself on track.  


You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go.

 Dr. Seuss

Blaming others for our unhappiness breaks apart families, churches, communities, and nations. We can’t make peace because we’re preoccupied with placing the blame. If something happens that I don’t like, I’m not going to start blaming someone else.  It’s up to me how I’m going to react to any given situation and blame is not going to be what I choose.  

When the house is dusty, dirty and needs a good cleaning, I can’t blame the kids, they are gone.  I can’t blame the cat, she’s gone too.  The dogs passed away several years ago and the bird too.  There is no one to blame but myself.  If something goes missing the same thing applies, and heaven only knows where that safe place I put something is.  It’s so safe I can’t find it.

Concern yourself more with accepting responsibility than with assigning blame. Let the possibilities inspire you more than the obstacles discourage you.

Ralph Marston




4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Happy Halloween.

jack69 said...

Working for and around government for many years I recognized a trend, "If you can find someone to blame all is well." That was such a sad existence.
So many jewels today but this one starts the paragraph that drives the nail:
Blaming others for our unhappiness breaks apart families, churches, communities, and nations. *********

Thanks, very good insight...
Happy Halloween from the World OF Disney!

Rose said...

I hate the blame game! Good Post.

Happy Halloween.

Hugs, Rose

betty said...

I think the best words we can learn to say is "I was wrong" instead of wanting to blame others for anything that goes on in our lives. I hope you had a nice day, Ma! We didn't get any trick or treaters!

betty