It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 30, Book 14


The Scariest Monsters Are the Ones That Lurk Within Our Souls

 Edgar Allan Poe


Fear can be a terrible thing.  We all have our inner demons and sometimes they become out of control.

 It seems to me that the famous claim: the only thing we have to fear is fear itself,  isn't quite applicable in this day and age .  We do live in a world with terrorist attacks and car crashes and all sorts of other terrible things. Despite all of this though, here are just a few things you shouldn't actually be scared of.


The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Being home a lone shouldn’t be a scary thing.  Our homes are our refuge from the storms of life.


One need not be a chamber to be haunted;
One need not be a house;
The brain has corridors surpassing
Material place.

Emily Dickinson

We shouldn’t fear failure.  It’s by our mistakes that we learn the best lessons


Don't be a scaredy cat.


I hope you all have a Safe and Happy Halloween!  

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

when my husband is not home, i do not sleep in the dark. so i am a bit of a scaredy cat.

Pat MacKenzie said...

I love your vintage halloween pictures. I try not to be afraid and quite often enjoy being home alone, just not at night in the dark.

jack69 said...

I find it strange that as a child, there was some joy taken in being 'scared out of your wits' by some prankster. (the joy always seemed to come after one realized, that particular'ghost or villian' wasn't real.
The attraction of the house of horrors is strange, but I think that is because we KNOW it is not real.
BUT in this day, there are true horrors many around the world are facing, sad they are REAL.
I enjoy feeling safe....
WE are nice and overcast, feels good.

betty said...

I think we have to have healthy fears about some things, like our safety to lock the door at night, etc. But I do think we can go overboard the other way and be afraid to go out and do anything because we have fear of everything. I think my biggest fears are things I will not be exposed to on a regular basis, like snakes and flying :)

betty

Elizabeth said...

Happy Halloween !