It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 03, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 3, Book 14


Autumn makes a double demand. It asks that we prepare for the future... But it also asks that we learn to let go-- to acknowledge the beauty of sparseness

Bonaro W. Overstreet


Autumn’s beauty lies in more than the colorful leaves and bluest of blue skies.  It is a time for letting go.  Letting go of the warm sunny days of summer gets more difficult for me as the years go by.  Remembering last winter and how brutal it was makes it a little scary to even think about the approaching colder days ahead.  


When Spring came round this year, I felt like a survivor.  It was the most beautiful Spring that I could ever remember simply because the winter had way too many sub zero days.  



I so enjoyed the summer days basking in the sun.  With that said I’m reminded of a quote that has become dearer to me than ever.

If winter comes, can spring be far behind? 


Percy Bysshe Shelley

3 comments:

betty said...

So true of autumn being a season of letting go, of so much, nice weather, blooms, longer days, etc. But that quote is right about winter, Ma, spring is right behind it. I just hope it is not a brutal one for you guys.

betty

jack69 said...

You brought up things here I had not thought of. the Letting go, yep, I have a problem there...

Love from a beautiful day in Florida

TARYTERRE said...

That is an interesting observation about autumn and letting go. So true.