It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 28, Book 14



NO PROBLEM OR KNOW PROBLEM

I saw this catchy phrase above in one of the daily reflections I read.  So I thought I’d write a little on problems today.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved. 

Charles F. Kettering

Did you ever go through a day when you knew that something wasn’t quite right but you couldn’t quite lay your finger on it?  Discovering what is the problem is not always easy.  Sometimes we don’t even want to admit that there is a problem.  No problem.


'I must do something' always solves more problems than 'Something must be done.’

Author Unknown

You can't solve a problem until you admit you have one.  Instead of admitting something's seriously wrong, we use euphemisms such as merger, restructuring, and transition, salvaging, and deterioration.

It’s hard to admit we have a problem… to know what the problem is.

Life's problems wouldn't be called hurdles if there wasn't a way to get over them

Author Unknown

Truth is that we all have problems of some sort and they don’t go away no matter how hard we might try to deny them and pretend they aren’t there.  I’ve found that I really don’t have much control over a lot of things, but I can  control my attitude to whatever happens in my life.  And when the big problems arise, I usually turn to prayer.  The good news is that prayers do work.


The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle. 

Author Unknown

It’s not that we shouldn’t try to do something about our problems, we have to try.  It’s when our trying doesn’t work that we need some extra help.  We should never be ashamed to ask for help, whether it’s from a friend or through prayer.  


The best way out of a problem is through it. 

Author Unknown

4 comments:

betty said...

I liked the Halloween/fall pictures you had on here, Ma. Very festive! I so agree the best way to solve some problems is to pray and then wait for God to answer them. I also think denying there is a problem or not meeting it head on only makes the problem grow bigger.

Hoping it is a nice day for you!

betty

jack69 said...

One of your best works dear lady. Thanks. Your words and the quotes will be with me today, that is for sure. I like panning for GOLD here, I always find a nugget!
Sunshine today....

Chatty Crone said...

I have had days that I felt something was wrong - I've tried - and can't figure it out - so I try to let it go!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful and so true !