It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, October 27, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 27, Book 14


Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. 

Dr. Seuss

It is very true that we often don’t appreciate some thing or someone until we no longer have it.  I love having a picture album on my computer as those pictures jog my memory.  Special celebrations, people and places are right there.  Seeing some thing or someone ’s picture brings back a good feeling all over again.  It refreshes my memory.  It’s like doing it all over again for the second time.  


Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.

From the movie An Affair to Remember

Often in life we forget the things we should remember and  remember the things we should forget.  I try to savor and save the good memories.  I try to treasure memories of hot summer days and air conditioned nights so that when like bad things happen, like winter time, I can remember.   I can say, Thanks for the memories !



When we lose someone dear to us. Be it a friend, a spouse, o child or a pet  all we can do to soften the loss is to keep the memories fresh of the good times we did have with them. We just need to be thankful for what ever time we had.   And I think when you have good memories to hang on to, we can change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.


So long as the memory of certain beloved friends lives in my heart, I shall say that life is good.

Helen Keller

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Amazing how at times your Blog goes along with our discussions here in the motor home. This is a sweet entry, and I like very much the Dr. Seuss quote. But your statement:
I love having a picture album on my computer as those pictures jog my memory......
is true with us also, we are blessed with the technology to see photo's here on the monitor. With pictures under the couch or the bed, we seldom got them out, but now, all the time we have our memory JOGGED!
SWEET....

betty said...

So true to savor the memories and looking at pictures can help us to do so :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I am glad for photos - they do help us remember. Ever come up with a question and there is no one to ask anymore?

TARYTERRE said...

Memories are precious for sure. LOVE that Dr. Seuss quote. So true.