It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, October 24, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 24, Book 14


Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy.

Ralph Ransom

The labor of love is work done for the sake of one's own enjoyment or of benefit to others rather than for material rewards.  We all do things we don't necessarily like all in the name of love.

It is amazing and humbling to think about all the things we do for our family out of love. We make sacrifices day in and day out for them.  Love makes us do things we never thought we were capable of.  Some called it a labor of love. 


Work is love made visible.

Khalil Gibran


Love can move us to tears, weeping for all the joy we have discovered and weeping for all that we have lost.  True love, after all, is to love someone and expect nothing in return


Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. 

Michael Leunig

I am grateful at the end of each day to have engaged in a labor of love.

4 comments:

jack69 said...

I am sitting here saying, no post from MA! It is here as regular as clock work. No alert! So I came to visit and here you are. I guess the alerts are slow today.
Good read as usual, my gem for today is the last sentence:
I am grateful at the end of each day to have engaged in a labor of love.
****
I always enjoy the gem I find here, and do not even have to dig. (smile)

Carol Z said...

I always enjoy my visit here, too. Wishes for a great weekend. Our weather has cleared and I'm feeling much better, too. Looking forward to being out later.

betty said...

I love that quote of Michael Leunig's "Love one another and you will be happy. Its a simple and as difficult as that." I think Jesus summed it up well too when he told us to love God and to love our neighbors like ourselves. If we would just love others, what a different world this could be.

betty

TARYTERRE said...

"Work is love made visible." This says it all.