It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 23, Book 14



But some emotions don’t make a lot of noise.
It's hard to hear pride.
Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat.
And our love, why some days it's so quiet
you don't even know it's there.

Erma Bombeck

Emotions are usually evident.  When I was a young woman someone told me that I wore my heart on my sleeve.  Whatever emotion I was feeling was obvious just by looking at me.  There are many times we identify others emotions by the sounds they make.  The sound of roaring laughter is far more contagious than any cough, sniffle.  

There are times though that silence is the best messenger to convey what we are feeling.  If you’ve ever had someone give you the silent treatment, you know what I mean.


There are times when silence has the loudest voice. 

Leroy Brownlow

I think that love is the most powerful emotions we have.  We talk about love being blind or unconditional.  It can also be noisy or quiet.  There is an old saying that actions speak louder than words and love is shown through the things we do.  

A hug doesn’t make any noise but it sure feels great.

A Simple Hug

There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart;
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part.

A hug's a way to share the joy
And sad times we go through,
Or just a way for friends to say
They like you 'cause you're you.

Hugs are meant for anyone
For whom we really care,
From your grandma to your neighbor,
Or a cuddly teddy bear.

A hug is an amazing thing -
It's just the perfect way
To show the love we're feeling
But can't find the words to say.

It's funny how a little hug
Makes everyone feel good;
In every place and language,
It's always understood.

And hugs don't need new equipment,
Special batteries or parts
Just open up your arms
And open up your hearts.


Keep this hug going
Pass it on 

 Author unknown





7 comments:

jack69 said...

HUGS! from South Florida. SWEET post today.

We are on the road headed to Mickey Mouse's area of Orlando. Looks like a nice day for travel.
Love is also sent to go with that HUG!

Elizabeth said...

Love this post!

Carol Z said...

Hugs to you from rainy New York. A hug brightens up a gloomy day.

betty said...

I liked the Simple Hug poem, Ma. Always good to give and get a hug! I can wear my heart on my sleeve with certain emotions, my family definitely knows when I'm not happy about something :)

betty

peggy said...

Sweet post, love Erma.

Chatty Crone said...

I am sending you a big old hug from Atlanta to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the poem about HUGS. WONDERFUL, indeed. Hugs from me to you for this wonderful post.