It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 22, Book 14


I've heard it said it all depends upon your point of view.  The happiness you get from life.  And how things look to you.  And the longer that I'm living, I've really come to see that this is just as true a fact as anything could be.

If you always look for sorrow, then you'll have it seven fold.  If you go in search of rainbows, You will find a pot of gold.  If you have no time for dreaming, the days are dark and grey, but with a little bit of hope, your troubles slip away.

Don’t waste your time in sighing, When the world is full of song, Don’t live among the shadows, That is not where you belong. Lift your face and feel the sunlight, Smell the flowers in the wood, And be grateful you are living, …And know that God is good.

Author Unknown

 Life is so much more pleasant and peaceful from an optimistic point of view.  

My point of view is going to be different from others point of view because we live different lives and live in different places.  For instance, wintertime is not going to mean the same to others that it does for me.  That is unless you happen to live in the same area I do and unless you have to shovel your own driveway.

I love it when I happen to find someone that shares my point of view on life and living.  To me its like a feeling of companionship when we know someone else has had those same experiences too.

It’s also hard to believe what others say and do because of their point of view.  I have a very hard time understanding some things they do.  And since understanding is so important, I took the time to look for some ways that can lead us to a better understanding of others.

Things to remember:

We need to remember that people who appear to be mean or hurtful don’t usually do it intentionally. There are exceptions to this, but generally the hurt you feel is a side effect, not the principle cause.

People are forgetful by nature, so don’t assume malice or disinterest if something is forgotten. 

Put yourself in their shoes.  Have compassion for what the other person is going through.  



You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.

Harper Lee

3 comments:

betty said...

I like your things to remember, Ma. I have come to the conclusion with some people in some situations that "they are just doing the best they can with what they have to work with". It sure helps put things into better perspective with things.

betty

jack69 said...

Like minded people...
I smiled thru this reading. We traveled 3-4 years with my sister and brother in law. Two of the best years of our lives.
We made many trips with Sherry's sister and her husband, wonderful times in the evenings around a camp fire. I can remember your blog entries with family around the camp fire at your camper, that made me smile and remember the BETTER times. Thank the Lord we still have each other here, the others have passed on.
Excuse the personal stuff, but this one was another 'thinker'. THANKS

TARYTERRE said...

This reminds me of the old adage, "Walk a mile in my shoes."