It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 2, Book 14


Every day I wake up, I think, what a blessing, I'm alive. I don't care if it snows, it rains, it thunderstorms--a heatwave. I think, I'm here--this is terrific.

 Richard Harris

I just realised again , afresh and anew, what an incredible blessing it is just to draw breath; what an awesome blessing it is just to be alive.  What a blessing it is to awaken to the unique possibilities of a new day.  Don't take it for granted. Make it count and be happy that you're alive.



I live a day at a time. Each day I look for a kernel of excitement. In the morning, I say: 'What is my exciting thing for today?' Then, I do the day. Don't ask me about tomorrow.

 Barbara Jordan

The moment you start acting like life is a blessing, I assure you that it will start to feel like one.  Time spent living is time worth appreciating.  Let every day be a reason to live.  Life is too short to be anything but positive.

Remember that sometimes when things go wrong it’s because they would have turned out worse if they had gone right.  Today's the first day of the rest of my life. And I'm alive and well.



Each day is a day that God has given us and each moment of that day is in His hands.

 Roy Lessin

5 comments:

Barb Pinion said...

Hi Ma. It's so good to be checking out blogs again, and to be catching up on my own, if only a bit at a time. Your posts are always so uplifting, like today's, pointing out, as I try to do too, the wisdom of embracing the positive in life, as compared to the negative. I had to smile when reading what you wrote about being alive. Why? Because that is one thing I do too. I never forget to tell the Lord thank you for today's gift of life. It may be hard sometimes, true. But we never have to deal with our problems alone. God is always at our side, doing what we can't. BIG HUGS . Love you much. You are one amazing lady.

TARYTERRE said...

Boy is this quote the truth. I love it. "Remember that sometimes when things go wrong it’s because they would have turned out worse if they had gone right."

jack69 said...

I for sure lover that thought:
Begin each day with a grateful heart!
Always nice to drop by and read the Cheer Leader of Good and Thankful.
So THANKS

betty said...

I liked the Richard Harris quote. Indeed life and each day we have of it is a blessing and a gift that we should be grateful for :)

betty

Barbara said...

Inspirational and needed to think more on that today while struggling with pain today.