It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 16, Book 14


Everyone needs a fantasy. 

Andy Warhol

It’s fun to imagine your dream life and make plans to make those dreams come true. When we pursue a dream, we are connecting with our heart’s desires.  Dreaming is good. It’s good for our soul because when we dream, we’re inspired to pursue a purpose beyond ourselves.

They say you can reach almost any dream with this simple formula:

Believe in yourself
Decide what you want and why
Plan your way to your dream
Do what’s important and invest in your future
Just show up

I’ve had many dreams come true only to have them disappear again.  But that hasn’t stopped me from dreaming.  Life is short. Way too short to just sit back and wait for something to happen to you. That’s why we all have dreams and goals we want to accomplish. That’s why bucket lists are so popular.

Regret is a terrible thing, and a dream is powerful enough to bring you regret if you don’t take the chance to at least follow it.

Remember: You are never too old to dream. Age means nothing when we know what we want



Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.

Langston Hughes

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I totally agree, you are never too old to dream. Great post. Hugs

jack69 said...

You must have hit the inspiration button harder lately. This is a pleasant read and so true. I have been accused of being a dreamer, I gladly admit to that.
I have enjoyed some great day dreams, and I have had the pleasure of enjoying them when they came true.
Ah, I remember the first small house I built, What an amazing thing to see for a person with no formal training. But I did dream.
It is easy to see in your writings, DREAMS. And easy to see in your reports, successes.
Yep, dreams can come true.

betty said...

I too agree that we are never too old to dream! Some may actually come to be!

betty