It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 15, Book 14


Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine to the soul.

Luther Burbank

The little flower shown above is a solar powered flower that flaps it leaves when the sun is shinning. If you’ve read my other journal, you’ve already met Happy.  I saw this little dancing flower in someone’s car in a parking lot not long ago and had to have one.  Thankfully I found one and have it sitting on the kitchen windowsill.  And since I’m so affected by the amount of sunlight I receive, I thought I’d give you a flower report today.  The leaves were very hesitant at first, but then after a very radiant sunrise the happiness burst forth and the wings flapped for most of the morning.  Then the sun faded and so did the little flapping leaves.  Only rousing now and then to give a valiant wave.  Our good days do seem too short, and our difficult days far too long. But both kinds of days cause us to long for even better days ahead.

Of course as I’m posting this, it’s already the next day as I usually do my post early in the day before the sun rises in some cases.  Still I thought you might get a smile or two out of seeing my little Happy.  Happiness is much like this little solar powered toy.  I think there are many times we are hesitant to be happy but then something happens that just makes us want to get up and do a happy dance.

I’ve had those times.  Days when it seemed I’d never be happy again, but the sun came out and I waved my arms up and down and swung into a dance going round and round.

I think that now and then I’ll be bring Happy back to see you.  Who could resist him.  

Happiness held is the seed; happiness shared is the flower. 

Author Unknown

  


3 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I have seen those dancing flowers, like your Happy and they have indeed made me smile. Nothing sweeter.

jack69 said...

(BIG SMILE) Friend Mary Ann gave us one of those like 'Happy', and it sits continually flapping it's arms, it is doing so as i type. Yes it does make me smile.
Neat entry.

betty said...

I can't resist Happy, so please do bring him back! I need to see if I can find a Happy here; I bet he is fun to watch when the sun is out!

betty