It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 14, Book 14


If you want to test your memory, 
try to recall what you were worrying about
one year ago today.

E. Joseph Cossman

My memory is a funny thing.  I tend to remember the good times much better than I do the bad times.  For me worry is a very useless things.  I used to worry about everything…not anymore though.  I found out the hard way that worry gets you no where.  It’s better to spend your time praying, and doing something worthwhile.

Worry is a useless mulling over of things we cannot change.  It will never change the situation or even change your feelings. So I’ve chosen to spend my time on some things that I can do something about.  Life isn’t meant to be useless.

I found this list of things to do instead of worrying and have done several of them my self.




Watch your favorite movie. Or watch the movie you’ve been meaning to see but have been putting off for no apparent reason. Get really spirited and make some popcorn too.

Read a good book. In fact, go to the nearest library branch and spend hours wandering about, collecting stacks of interesting books.

Craft. Make homemade cards for people you care about and give them out. This will brighten not only your day but theirs as well.

Try out a new recipe. Make yourself a grand meal complete with dessert. 

Go for a drive somewhere new. Take in all the houses and trees and people. Put on some music and sing along. If it’s warm out, roll down the windows.

Clean your home. Nothing feels better than a spotless place and let’s be real, your shower could really use some scrubbing…

Take a hot shower or a bubble bath. Put on some good and relaxing music. Enjoy the warm water on your skin and think of it as washing the worries away!

And the very best way of all is to reflect on everything you have to be thankful for.



Here is what I am thankful for today:

2126. for my faith which puts a damper on any fears that come my way
2127.  for Entemanns Pumpkin Donuts mmmm…good
2128. for a large head of cabbage which made several yummy dinners this week

I believe God is managing affairs and that He doesn't need any advice from me. With God in charge, I believe everything will work out for the best in the end. So what is there to worry about. 

Henry Ford


3 comments:

betty said...

Those donuts sound good, Ma, I don't think I have ever had a pumpkin donut. Might have to look for them here. I like the list of things to do instead of worrying. Since I tend to worry, I'm going to print that list out and refer to it and do some things on it instead of worrying :)

betty

jack69 said...

Ah Ma, I wish I had written this, but since I didn't I have saved it. good stuff here, one of your best. I say that a lot I know, but some come at just the right time, Thanks. We all know Worry does no good, but we need to be reminded at times.
Love from beautiful Florida today...

jack69 said...

AND Then I come back and read Betty's comment and see I am not the only one who saved it. A Jewel indeed.