It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chapter 10, Page 12, Book 14



It's the best feeling when you wake up and it's warm and cozy, and you don't have to go to work

Emmy Rossum

I don't go out to work any more so most of my days are warm and cozy.  I like to be comfortable and here in my cozy home, I've got the perfect place.  I think we all like that cozy feeling. Neither picture today is of my house, but I like to keep in the spirit of October...ha!

Coziness happens when we slow time down, when we drop into the gorgeous stillness of a moment; when we allow our surroundings to soothe us; when we delight in creature comforts; when we create an environment to please; when we just let go.  Sometimes we all need a comfy cozy place to ease our frayed nerves

This means making the most of what you have. What’s important is that you prioritize and zero in on what is most important, and make your lifestyle work around that.  Thinking  about how to get the most out of life, and the spaces we spend it in, means incorporating as much happiness and coziness into our daily routines as we can.

I have realized that much of my happiness comes from being comfortable, both physically and emotionally. Comfy cozy can mean the feeling that one gets knowing that are in a safe environment.  One can be incredibly comfy cozy no matter what else may be happening in our lives. It doesn’t seem to matter so much at all, as long as we’re comfy and cozy, safe and secure.

To make your life cozy you need to make time for the things and people that you love.   


My life is rosy, I'm feeling comfy cozy. 

Comfy and cozy - that’s me

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Two of my favorite words ... comfy and cozy! What fond images that brings to mind.
It's easy to get our priorities mixed up; that's why I love it when someone asks, "Any big plans this weekend?" and I can respond, "I hope not!" LOL.

betty said...

I like Sunday afternoons in the cooler months where I can wrap myself in a blanket to be cozy as I lie comfy on the couch reading a book (and napping). It is so true to have a place where we can be comfy and cozy; we need to have that so we can destress from life sometimes.

betty

jack69 said...

SWEET words. and the pumpkin patch brings back the pictures sent by grand daughter of our STELLA as she visited the local Pumpkin Patch.
Making memories that one day will have feeling comfy Cozy as she sits back remembering the sweet times.

Chatty Crone said...

Comfy and cozy - glad you have that!

Hollie said...

I think that's why I love this time of year. It seems like we slow down and enjoy the coziness inside our homes!!

TARYTERRE said...

You are right. I too feel happy because I am comfortable. There is alot to be said for feeling warm and cozy.