It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 05, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 5, Book 14




GOD'S TODAY

Don't let yourself be torn 
between yesterday 
and tomorrow. 
Live always and only 
God's today. 
Accept surprises 
that upset your plans, 
shatter your dreams, 
give a completely 
different turn 
to your day 
and - who knows? 
to your life. 
It is not chance, 
Leave the Father free 
Himself to weave 
The pattern of your days. 

Dam Helder Camara

I found out a long time ago that I’m not the one in control.  There are things that I can do, like adjust my attitude, but when it comes down to it there really isn’t much I can do when it comes to what happens each day.  Just like the weather, we can talk about it but that is about all.

Thankfully, taking care of the world isn’t my job.  I have all I can do to handle myself and somedays I don’t do a very good job of that at all.  But I keep trying.


The outer passes away; the innermost is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

Thomas Carlyle

6 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah, but If I could just get that thru my thick head concerning family. I still want to be able to put a band-aid on the hurt.
You are right on point as usual. I KNOW I am not in control and I am glad the whole world is not my problem.
But I still think he is going to let me FIX something. (smile) He must get very frustrated at my end of the conversations. (smile)
This visit is always a pleasure, even if I had to go find the address again since Blogger has thrown all 'the blogs I follow' away!
I hope they return...

betty said...

I liked that poem about God's today. It is so true that he is in control and we are not. I am glad he is because I don't think I could do half the good job he does with it all :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

every day is a new adventure that is for sure.

Rose said...

We all love to be in control and sometimes that is not possible and becomes frustrating.

I enjoyed the Poem very much.

Have a wonderful Day!

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Wise words as always! :)

Chatty Crone said...

You are right Pam - we have to put our life into God's hands and not be fooled thinking we were in control!