It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, September 04, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 4, Book 14


Key to a Better Life 

Michael Josephson, CharacterCounts

The key to a better life:

Complain less, appreciate more.

Whine less, laugh more.

Talk less, listen more.

Want less, give more.

Hate less, love more.

Scold less, praise more.

Fear less, hope more.

and I might add….COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!

This is one of those things I need to cut out and post on the refrigerator and read every day.  If you read my blog you know I do count my blessings every day.  I started actually listing them about 2 years ago and this month I’ve reached 2000 things I’m thankful for.  I list 3 things every day and here’s what is on my list for today.


2006. for the beauty of nature all around us
2007. for shelters that help find homes for stray animals
2008. for a refreshing shower on a hot day

4 comments:

jack69 said...

And we who read this thankful lady are also thankful that we met her on the internet. Also we know you are a joy to those who KNOW you as Mother.

We hit the road today, heading farther south, this time our home state of NC and a place we have never been.

Martha@SeasideSimplicity said...

Love this and what a great idea to keep an ongoing list of things you are thankful for!

betty said...

I like that key to a better life and your adding of counting your blessings, Ma! It is neat that you have gone over 2000 blessings!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Perfect piece for the refrigerator door to greet you everyday. LOVE it.