It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 24, Book 14


Man must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind him to the fact that each moment of his life is a miracle and a mystery.

 H. G. Wells

Our life is full of miracles and full of mysteries.   The curiosity, the wonder of what lies just beyond our physical reach, our mental grasp of the things we cannot quite make out or remotely explain, creates our beliefs as well as our non beliefs.   It is a mystery to me that I wake up every morning and it’s also a miracle that I do.  

Mystery: anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained, the unknown 

Miracle: something extraordinary that was impossible before happens.



Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. 

Rachel Carson

Many years ago I made the decision to look for the magic and search for the miracles in my simple everyday life.  Our lives are filled with miracles and mysteries, folded and tucked lovingly into the everyday moments we so often miss, or, dismiss. 

I had the chance to capture these pictures of a butterfly the other day when I was sitting out on the patio.  One of life’s miracles for sure !


Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery. Today is a gift. 

Eleanor Roosevelt

Life is a gift to be enjoyed and cherished each day.

3 comments:

betty said...

You did great with those pictures of the butterfly Ma! Glad that you were just at the right place at the right time! I like that quote of H.G. Wells. We really do need to look for the magic of our days; there is so much beauty around if we choose to look for it indeed!

betty

jack69 said...

I believe the first 'miracle' I remember in nature was the worm, the cocoon and the beautiful butterfly.

Such a mystery!

Neat post here MA, THANKS

TARYTERRE said...

Today is indeed a gift. LOVE that gorgeous butterfly.