It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 23, Book 14


I believe the true function of age is memory. I'm recording as fast as I can. 

Rita Mae Brown

I am recording memories and mostly writing them down right here in bloggerville.    Over the period of almost 10 years now, daily events, thoughts and inspiration have made their mark here on these pages and in my other journal, On the Bright Side.  I don’t know if any one will ever look back and read what I’ve written, but for what ever time Blogger lasts, my memories are there for anyone who wants to read them.  There are even archived events that are preserved from AOL journal entries previous to these.  


The richness of life lies in memories we have forgotten.
 Cesare Pavese

I’m thankful that journaling was made easier with the internet.  I would sporadically record events in a hand written journal previously, but since the event of online opportunities, I’ve written daily.  It’s a habit that I enjoy.  No matter how good your memory is, recollection of your life's events will probably fade as the years go by. My advice is to write these events down in a journal as they happen.


A life worth living is worth recording.

It’s easier than scrapbooking, There is not much work involved at all and if I wanted I could print out the page I’ve written and keep them in a binder.  Quotes, thoughts, pictures are all included too.  It would have been wonderful if I could have had this kind of journal when my children were young.  

Journaling is not only a way to record memories and relive past memories, it is also a great way to stay young.  Believe it or not fond memories contribute to a happier and healthier life.  Making new memories every day is wonderful too.

I heartily recommend it !


3 comments:

betty said...

Wow, Ma, you have been journaling online for a long time! But then I realized I started in 2005 so not too far behind you! So true to record our memories. We think we will remember things, but often do not. I remember my brother saying he was going to write down all the cute things his first grandchild said, but I think he didn't get around to it, and I'm sure he's forgotten a lot now since that child is now 11 years old :)

betty

TARYTERRE said...

I agree journaling is good for the soul. I keep a daily diary, boring as it is, in addition to my blog posts.

jack69 said...

I didn't think I wanted to keep my AOL Journal so I didn't. There are times i wish I had.
But you are right. It is good to preserve those MEMORIES. ok I should say THESE memories.
And I too appreciate the use of the internet to record and keep up to date. Nice entry.