It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 22, 2014

Chapter 9, Page 22, Book 14



Autumn is the perfect time to take account of what we’ve done, what we didn’t do, and what we’d like to do next year. 

Author Unknown

When Fall arrives we know it won’t be long at all until the year is over and we’ll be starting a new one.  When I look at the calendar and see that 265 days have expired and there are only 100 remaining it reinforces for me the fact that time is flying by.



Getting there isn't half the fun-- it's all the fun. 

Robert Townsend

These days will be busy ones for me as there is lots to get done around here before the holidays arrive.  Gifts to make , house to clean and food to prepare.  No matter how hard I try to prepare ahead, fall comes before I know it.  The summer days slip away like a thief in the night.



Fun is about as good a habit as there is. 

Jimmy Buffet 

I do make lists and  cross them off as I get things done and I have prepared a bucket list slightly different from the one above too.  Preparation is always half the fun and I try to make it so.  It’s not fun if you consider it work and I don’t work much at all any more but I do have a lot of fun.



Fun is fundamental. There is no way around it. You absolutely must have fun. Without fun, there is no enthusiasm. Without enthusiasm, there is no energy. Without energy, there are only shades of gray. 

 Doug Hall

4 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

You are right about summer stealing away. Unbelievably it's officially the first day of autumn. Love all your quotes today. But especially, "Without fun, there is no enthusiasm."

jack69 said...

I saw the picture and so many thoughts ran through my head. The many times the kids have said, "Stop, there are pumpkins."
The car automatically slows down. I was just telling Sherry, our world was small, we thought we had the only 'pumpkin patch or pumpkin center' in the country. (smile).
Yes it says Summer is over....
But fun times ahead...

betty said...

Wow, I can't imagine only 100 days left in this year! It has flown by! It will be fun to continue on with your preparations for the holidays and being able to mark things off your list :)

betty

Rose said...

Time is surely passing by too quickly.

Love your photos!

Fall is a pretty time of the year!

Hugs, Rose